POSITION: Business Affairs
SongVest is on a mission to democratize music investing. SongVest is the first music marketplace to offer fans and investors the ability to purchase SongShares® from their favorite songs and artists. SongShares are the first Regulation A+ SEC-qualified offering that allows fractional ownership of music royalties, opening the alternative asset class to the general public.
The Business Affairs position is a newly-created, part-time hourly role, working with our CFO and Royalty Analyst for the creation of purchase agreements, assignments, SEC filing documents and related contracts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Using approved templates, draft legal documents including purchase or advance agreements, Letters of Direction/Assignments, addendums and legal letters
- Interpret, advise and respond to questions from SongVest personnel and outside parties regarding existing artist, songwriter, distribution, and publishing agreements
- Monitor status of the legal documents until fully-executed and keep the team updated
- Save and organize all drafts and signed documents
- Search for existing lien or UCC filings on potential Sellers, file new UCC-1 forms for advances, file amendments and terminations to existing UCC financing statements.
- Maintain standard contract templates, updating as necessary with new legal requirements or language to ensure the company is using best practices
- 2- or 4-Year College degree
- Minimum 3 years of experience at a law firm or in-house business and legal affairs role, with a proficient understanding of legal contracts
- Very strong attention to detail
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Experience with tracking, reviewing, approving or rejecting changes in documents
Experience with music industry contracts
Experience with SEC filings
Contractor status, part-time, hourly, remote
5-10 hours per week estimated to begin, with opportunity for more